Services Offered to Our Probate and Estate Principals
We have all heard about bitter disputes that some families can go through due to the need to dispose of a loved one’s estate. If you have a client that is going through this, or expects to be soon, the process can be daunting for them.
After the heirlooms and valuables have been divided and taken out of the property, what is left is often a lifetime of personal items that hold no real worth to anyone else. These items must be cleared from the house, donated or taken to the curb and the property might need some real TLC. Repairs, cleaning, landscaping and painting the house before it can be staged are often necessary in order to achieve the highest amount of value for the estate. Staging the house offers the potential buyer the best way to visualize the space and demonstrates how the house would meet their needs. The house must be listed for sale and the REALTOR® selling the house will need to market it and showcase it so it will bring the highest value and not linger on the market.
Having recently gone through this personally, my wife and I have felt a sense of calling. We understand first hand that there are families that would be grateful to have someone help them through this emotional time in their lives. We are offering our services to take some of the worry and stress, as well as potential disagreements between surviving family members, that can often arise do to the nature of dealing with the estate of a loved one.
- Consultation – What will it take to prepare the house for sale. Will there be repairs, painting, cleaning, removal of personal items that need to occur before listing the house.
- Project Management – Overseeing minor home repairs, paint, landscaping, cleaning and disposal of personal items in an effort to bring the house up to expectations of competitive market and meet a potential buyers expectations.
- Home Staging – Utilizing existing and sometimes rented furniture and accessories to show a potential buyer the best utilization of the space in the house.
- Listing the House - Competitive Marketing Analysis to allow for selling the house for the highest possible price for the least amount of days on the market.
- Selling the Home – A caring listing agent that will be intimately involved through every stage of the process and negotiating the best outcomes for the surviving heirs of the estate.